Friday 6 November 2015

Task 2b: Reflective Writing (Journal Writing Experience)

Hello Bloggers,

So when I first read task 2b, I thought it was going to be quite a challenge, especially the last one 'Another View' but I actually surprised myself. 

I felt like Description and Intial Reflection kind of went together so I did this for the same day, natural order told me to talk about my day then reflect on it - my brain didn't like the thought of doing it on separate days, not totally sure why! I found the description writing easy as I think this is way I have been writing in my journal - described what went on in the lesson then evaluated it. I also felt the same for List and Evaluation. Using a list to describe my day was good to do, I had never thought about doing it this way but I write lists all the time e.g. what I need to get when I go to town, food shopping list, things I need to get done (phone calls, post things ect) so writing a list about my day felt like second nature. 

I didn't really understand the graphs and charts way .. I made a graph on how my mood changed from hour to hour then also did a chart of comparing my week to last week. I don't think I learnt much from this form of writing.

I REALLY enjoyed writing in the 'what if..' style! My day fantastic! One point I wrote

 'What if .. a customer walked into the shop and told me I had won the lottery'.

 This did make me laugh! I also really enjoyed writing in the form of another object. I choose to write my day from my mobile's point of view; I wrote it in the way my phone was making remarks about me and mumbling to itself. One sentence was

 ' I wish she would buy me a new case, the crack in my back keeps catching her pocket everytime she takes me in and out, it's really starting to get sore'.

 This way of writing made it alot more exciting! 

I have started my reflective journal however these writing exercises have opened up my mind to try new ways of writing and I will try to bring these into my journal.  

Jess x 

1 comment:

  1. Jess reading this made me laugh, i think choosing to write your reflective journal as your mobile phone was a great choice and very appropriate!! I hope I can be creative as this when I choose what object to write as. I have done a simialr thing and have started by journal but am using these techniques to open my mind and expand my thought process.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete