Monday 4 April 2016

A few ideas for my inquiry ...

Hello bloggers :)

So I have known for a while I have wanted to do my inquiry about dance therapy but I didn't know what specifically I wanted to write about. I have been doing some research on dance therapy in general in search to find some inspiration which will help to lead me to my final question in which I would answer in my inquiry.

I have come across two topics which I think may be interesting .. 

1.) I personally find history quite an interesting topic and I had a sudden thought while I was reading an article that I could talk about how therapy for mental health patients has evolved since the 1930's when they used Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) (basically sending electric shocks through the brain) to contemporary therapy like DMT (dance movement therapy). I can question many different things like:

Did ECT actually work?
What were the long term effects it had? Was this the reason why they have stopped doing?
Does DMT actually work?
What exactly is DMT?

2.) My second chain of thought is 'what are the effects of dance therapy in comparison to people how just have standard care/therapy.' I could look at different case studies for both and compare the results and see if DMT does actually have a positive effect on people with mental health. 


Please comment your opinions which you would think would make a better inquiry. Maybe I could combine the two questions? 
Thankyou :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, I know we are looking at similar topics by covering therapy and have chatted through other means, but here reading your blog I personally think the 2nd option purely because, as you mentioned with ECT its not practiced any more, I think the idea of dance as a therapy is really interesting and makes me wonder what the links between our two inquiry's would be.


    Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) yeah I'm gonna go mainly into number 2! x

      Delete