Wednesday 7 December 2016

Artefact

Hello Module 3 :)

So I feel like  there is alot of people panicking about the artefact and not having a clue what to do for it. I had a skype call with Adesola on Sunday 4th and she said a phrase which has stuck with me as it was very useful and feel like everyone needs to hear ...

"If the artefact has anything to do with paper and writing then it won't be as strong as it could be. Think of the artefact as a piece of art."

Adesola gave me this example ...

As one of my key themes is about body image she suggested to get a mannequin and stick things on it e.g. the quote off my mum about love and support should be stuck on the heart and the bad things on dance should be stuck on the stomach because it makes you feel sick.

This example really did make me think about what I could do ..

Taking Adesola's example of 'enlarging' one of my key themes, I took a look at my other key themes I could base my artefact around. Throughout my interviews it came to light that money within the dance industry is very short so I thought I would use this as my base theme. I am going to make (somehow) a large, open wallet (i'm thinking maybe cardboard and paper mache). Where the cards in a wallet go, each one will have easy to read points about a theme. Each 'bank card' will have a different key theme. Where the money notes go will be a couple of pieces of paper one about how I conducted my interviews and other about how I analysed my work.

I hope this helps someone! I think I have my work cut out over Christmas :)
And if anyone has any tips on how I could create this, please feel free to share! My artistic skills aren't the best haha.


Happy bloggin!

No comments:

Post a Comment