Friday 4 March 2016

First Skype session back/Module 2, Task 4a

Hello bloggers :)
Feels like a long time since I have done one of these!! ... So, when I first read Reader 4 I felt quite overwhelmed and didn't have a clue where to start (I feel like I write at the start of every new task haha) and I didn't really have the confidence to start until I had a skype session to talk the task ahead. As always, I figured that it was okay to feel like I don't know where to start and that people on module 3 felt like that and people on module 2 feel like that now.

I have been having a think about what I should look into for my inquiry and I have two topics to choose from:

1.) Should I work for free? I mentioned this is task 2d and in my critical reflection along with a list of questions I thought of ...
Should we work for no pay/less pay?
If we do, does it undermine the industry?
Who's to blame?
How can we stop this from happening?
How much should we pay?
Employers want people experience so how do you get your first job?
Are employers promising paid work at the end of it?
How does it effect people's emotional state?

I do feel quite passionate this because I know as a graduate from a Musical Theatre college, I have had to face this situation and relates to work based learning. Because I have had personal experiences of this, would this make my inquiry stronger? This brings me onto my second option ...

2.) How does dance help children with disabilities and mental health issues?
What are positives?
What are the negatives?
How does dance help children to deal with feelings?
How does it work physiologically?
Is there evidence of it improving the child's mental health or disability?
What is the therapy?
Are there any studies already out there?

These set of questions are just ones I have thought of without any research so I know that the more i research, the questions I will have. Dance therapy really interests me but I have no experience in this field at all so it worries me to go into this for my inquiry. Do I need to get some work experience in this before I do my inquiry? As it is a WBL course?


Please leave any comments you may have, it would be very useful! Thankyou :)

1 comment: