Wednesday 16 March 2016

Task 5b: Dance therapy code of Ethics and Professional Practice

Hellooooooo :)

http://www.admt.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Code-of-Ethics-and-Professional-Practice-PDF.pdf

The link above will take you to a contract for ADMPUK which is a company which supplies DMT's in many different areas in the UK.

From my 'educated guesses' I think I managed to cover some of main points like 'Best interests for the clients' 'Data protection' 'Professional Relations' 'Confidentiality' and 'Use of Touch' however I didn't have a clue about how much detail it went into.


- "5.1 Referral and assessment 5.1.1 Dance movement psychotherapists offer treatment after a formal referral/self-referral and assessment procedure (including contract, consent and risk assessment) has been completed."
This is a good point which I completely missed out! I had a feeling the person would have to be referred first so it's good to know for definite.

-"4.12 Dance movement psychotherapists are guided to keep clinical records for eight years after the termination of therapy and stay aware of relevant current legislation and organizational policies."
8 YEARS?! WOW! hahaha .. I never really gave this point a thought but my initial assumption probably would be that you would have to keep in on record for 3-5years after, 5 years at a push. How wrong was I?! haha ... very surprising.

-"2.5.2 Dance movement psychotherapists have a duty to refer concerns of suspected abuse or risk of abuse to their supervisor, child protection/safeguarding officer or line manager within their organisation and, if necessary, to their local child protection organisation, Children’s Social Care or the police."
This also surprised me as I thought if a child tells you something like this but tells you confidentially, you can't tell anyone but you can urge the child to tell someone else who can help them. However, in this contract it uses the words 'concerns of suspected' so this makes me think that this means if I have noticed something like brusies/marks then I can tell someone that I am worried that something might be going on at home. However, later on in the contract in states "4.2 Dance movement psychotherapists are aware of and comply with national laws regarding confidentiality and data protection" ... this makes me think that my first point about the child telling me something might be written in the national law contract.


Overall, DMT have a lot to bare in mind when taking on a session as I have gathered today :) !


No comments:

Post a Comment