Wednesday 16 March 2016

Task 5a: My thoughts on code of practice/regualtions

'Take your place of work/professional community which is familiar to you' .. when I read this in my handbook, instantly I am most comfortable with the performing industry as I have been doing that for the longest.

My initial thoughts about codes of practice/regulations of performing are taken from the way I have worked/taught in the past when I have been in shows. I think some of my thoughts are maybe 'unwritten rules' and wouldn't be physically be wrote on paper in the code of practice but here they are anyway ..

-To ALWAYS be on time or early.
-Never turn up to rehearsals not knowing what you are doing (even if this means working at home after rehearsals.)
-Apply health and safety regulations in any space you rehearse or perform.
-If the choreographer asks for it 'full out' .. do not mark it.
-To respect everyone you work with from directors and the producers to the dresser and the stage crew.
-Ensure all audience members get the same performance (performing to the best of your ability in every show)
-To respect other performers after the after half an hour call - everyone gets 'into show mode' differently
-Performers to have good stage awareness
-To have hair and make-up correct in every show
-To warm up correctly so prevent injuries from happening.



For my inquiry I want to look into dance therapy, I have no experience within this field so I don't really have a clue about the code of practice so here are my educated guesses:

-If you are working with a child under 16, do you need some one else in there?
-Always respect the persons needs
-Be professional, whatever the circumstance may be
-Depending on age and sex, are you allowed to touch/move them?
-Data protection - anything the person tells you is confidential
-Can't take pictures/videos without their consent

That's all I have for now!? I will add more if I think of any ..

Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment