Tuesday 8 March 2016

Task 4d ... My first bit of literature

Hello Bloggers .. :)

I have found an article which I think is an important piece of literature which I can use as solid evidence that dance and movement therapy (DMT) does help with mental illness, in this case, ian experiment was carried to test how DMT helps people with anxiety. I was hoping to put a link on here so you could have a look but I have it in PDF form and don't know how to attach it, if anyone knows please tell me??

This article tells me exactly what they did in each DMT session, it tells me how the people were selected, what tests were done before and after and of course the results. It also informs me with lots of knowledge about anxiety.

I think one of the most interesting thing about the experiment is that all the exercises they performed were tension releasing based, body focus/self awareness and converting feelings/thoughts to body movement. Another interesting fact was the age ranged from 19-44 so this is already starting to answer my question of  'is there a specific age range in which DMT works better?'

There is a lot to get my head around so i need to re-read it and analyse it in more depth however I do think this is going to be a very important bit of literature.

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment